Lincoln High offers several students dances during the school year. These range include a number of informal, semi-formal, and formal events. These events are considered optional and are for students of good discinplinary standing.
Traditional LHS Dances
- Welcome Freshmen Dance (informal): early fall
- Homecoming Dance (semi-formal): mid-fall
- Freshmen Frolic (semi-formal): late March
- Sophomore Hop (semi-formal): late April
- Junior Prom (formal): early May
- Senior Prom (formal):late May
Dance Rules and Information
Event Regulations and Eligibility
- Tickets will only be sold in advance, not at the door
- Dances, as a rule, will take place on Friday night, between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Actual times and dates of dances must be authorized by the administration.
- Dances, unless otherwise stated, are open only to members of Lincoln High School, grades 9-12, who are in good standing.
- Admission to dances closes one half hour after scheduled starting time.
- Outside guests are only permitted for the Junior and Senior proms. Prior approval of an Assistant Principal is required. Students guests must be 20 years of age or younger to be permitted as an outside guest. Proof of age is required upon registration.
- Students must accompany their guest to the prom. Each student is entitled to bring only one guest to the prom.
- Generally, students will not be allowed to leave a dance until one half hour before the end of the dance.
- Students may not re-enter a dance once they have left.
- Students may not loiter on school grounds during dances, and must either enter the dance or leave school grounds.
- At dances, as at all school activities, each participating student should be clean, neat, and well groomed. Distracting or immodest extremes in clothing or makeup will not be considered appropriate or acceptable. Students will dress in full conformance with the Dress Appearance Policy.
- Students must be in attendance all day at school on the day of a dance.
- The safety of our students is paramount. Testing for illegal substances and/or searches will be conducted at the discretion of the administration. The Principal or Assistant Principals will be the final judge of these matters.
- All school rules remain in effect both on and off campus.
Dancing Style Policy (new in spring 2011)
- No Provocative Dancing:
- Vertical Rule: Every dancer must be in a vertical position. Any extreme or provocative bending will result in an infraction.
- Front to back dancing is permitted. HOWEVER, keep it clean and moderate: NO pelvic thrusting. NO intertwined legs. NO lap dancing. NO hands on knees. NO obscene gestures. NO mimicking sexual activity.
- Front to front dancing is permitted so long as it is appropriate
- During slow dancing, hands should be kept in appropriate places
- Any chaperone has the right to deem any form of dancing inappropriate and mark the student’s bracelet with an infraction. All students must sign a contract agreeing to these rules in order to attend the dance
- 1st infraction – A chaperone will clearly state what the student was doing wrong and mark the bracelet to indicate an infraction has occurred
- 2nd infraction – If a student already has a mark on their bracelet and commits another infraction, the bracelet will be removed.
- 3rd infraction – If a student’s bracelet has already been removed and he/she commits another infraction they will be removed from the dance and their parents called. Any student removed from a dance will be ineligible to attend the next two dances that are run by Lincoln High School. No refund will be issued if a student is removed from the dance for inappropriate dancing.